The King of Thailand died last week. In memory of a great ruler, beloved King, and amazing father to his people, todays post will be on Thai food.
Massaman Curry is one of my favorite curries in the entire world… and that’s saying something because I love pretty much all curries!
So here is the recipe:
– 2 Tablespoons or Panang Curry paste
– 2 cups coconut milk (not cream)
– 2 cups chicken broth (I like mixing 2 teaspoons of “Better than Bullion” with 2 cups of water)
– 4 Khaffir Lime leaves
– 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon diced garlic
– 1 to 2 Tablespoons oil
– 1 Tablespoon sugar (palm is best, but any will work)
– 3 potatoes (chopped)
– 1 carrot (diced)
– Sauté the curry paste, oil, and garlic for about 2-5 minutes.
– Add in 1/2 the broth and stir until all of the paste is mixed (no lumps).
– Add in the milk, the remainder of the broth, lime leaves, soy sauce, and sugar.
– Add potatoes and carrot.
– Boil until everything is cooked and well incorporated, usually around 20 -30 minutes.
That’s it! A super easy version of a yummy curry!
Hope you all enjoy it!