This year I’ve been thinking a lot about life patterns. I see people at the store, at school, or (heaven forbid 😉) at church who are just not living positive lives… and then I get to thinking when the switch happened from positive additions to society, to that. Patterns.
Nothing happens overnight. It’s little steps, little compromises, little patterns that set into habits, which create a life.
With that in mind, I decided to think about patterns in my life that aren’t positive. This is what I found:
- I’m not good at being on time (unless it’s work or school)
- While I love mornings, I’m not great at getting out of bed on the first alarm (snooze is my favorite button)
- I let dishes pile up for way too long (I think my record is a week, but trust me, that is not a pretty sight!)
- I’m not good at keeping up with deep cleaning
- Exercise. Just all of it. I don’t like doing it alone, I don’t like the feeling of being sweaty, I’m just not a fan.
Clearly there are a ton of other things I’m not good at (perhaps you can relate to that feeling! 😂), but these are some of the things I see as most destructive to my everyday life.
I hope this opens up thoughts on ways that we may be setting unhealthy patterns in our lives!