I have tried meal prepping for months. I’m not good at it, cause honestly it’s a little overwhelming. I’m not good at coming up with recipes that I like and I’m not good at actually going through with my plans to cook a ton at once. Studying, Netflix, chores, laundry, so many things get in the way of going through with my plans… but the next two months I seriously need to do this.
Here are some practical ways I’m hoping to get better at this:
- Make a list of all the food you like to eat.
- Take that list and knock off all of the recipes that take longer than an hour to make.
- Make a grocery list of the items needed.
- Schedule out the days to cook, and don’t cancel it for more fun plans!
- Have everything chopped and ready before you start.
- Take pictures of the process. Maybe it’s just me, but visually seeing progress can be helpful.
- Enjoy the meals you make! Make sure you actually eat them!
That’s all I’ve got so far on that subject!
Here are some things others have to add:
Happy cooking! 🙂