So we are half way through April and I already have 5 weddings on the calendar for the summer…. so here are my tips on surviving weddings as a single person.
- Have a collection of cute dresses! Dressing the part will make you feel more confident, being more confident will make you enjoy crazy dancing and enjoying the event instead of sitting awkwardly in the corner!
- If you have a +1 option, use it! Ask a friend to come with you, male or female. Weddings are more fun when you’re not alone!
- Take advantage of the opportunity to dress up and dance! After high school those times are few and far between, take advantage of it!
- You don’t have to spend $100/wedding on gifts. Choose something meaningful, write a thoughtful card, and be okay with living within your budget.
- Don’t get drunk and don’t go home with a drunk groomsmen! You will regret it! Just enjoy the event, celebrate the happy couple, and wake up in your own bed, without a giant hang over.
So there you go! Those are my 5 tips to survive wedding season!
Enjoy celebrating love and eating cake until 2am! 🙂